G-Tox Express 280g powder
$69.00 inc. GST
280 g oral powder (14 days) Tropical flavour
Gastrointestinal and Kidney Detoxification Support.
- Supports gastrointestinal and kidney detoxification.
- Contains potassium citrate which may reduce urinary acidity.
- Part of the Metagenics Detoxification Program.
- G-Tox Express may have a protective effect on the gastrointestinal tract: G-Tox Express contains several nutrients that help maintain the integrity of the digestive system. Glutamine inhibits the deterioration of gut permeability and preserves the mucosal structure by providing fuel to enterocytes of the small and large intestine. Zinc has been shown to play an important role in the integrity of the apical junction complexes of intestinal cells. Aloe vera’s protective effects on the gastric mucosa are possibly due to its inhibition of the inflammatory mediators PGE2 and IL-8. Turmeric has been shown to increase gastric wall mucous production and maintain the health of intestinal cells.
- Gastrointestinal and kidney detoxification: Larch arabinogalactans and pectin are excellent sources of dietary fibre that help to promote regular bowel movements to assist gastrointestinal detoxification. Cleavers is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to support kidney detoxification by assisting urinary elimination of wastes. Potassium citrate also assists kidney detoxification through alkalisation of urine, enhancing renal clearance of wastes.
- A 2007 review study has shown 4.0 g to 8.0 g of potassium citrate to assist urinary alkalisation and reduce acidity over 2 weeks. Potassium citrate was shown to assist in urinary alkalisation by significantly reducing urinary calcium excretion and increasing urinary citrate excretion. G-Tox provides 4.0 g of potassium citrate per day.
Adults: Take a 10.0 g dose (2 scoops) in 200 mL of water or juice twice daily with food.
|Each 10.0 g dose (2 scoops) contains:
|Extracts equivalent to:|
|Curcuma longa, root and rhizome dry|
|(BCM-95â¢ Turmeric extract)||3.8 g|
|Galium aparine, herb dry (Cleavers)||3.0 g|
|Arthrospira platensis, cell powder (Spirulina)||2.5 g|
|Glycyrrhiza glabra, root dry (Liquorice deglycerrhized)||2.5 g|
|Aloe vera, leaf inner flesh (Aloe barbadensis)||2.5 g|
|Coriandrum sativum, herb powder (Coriander)||1.0 g|
|Fucus vesiculosus, whole plant dry (Kelp)||250 mg|
|Potassium citrate||2.0 g|
|Equivalent potassium||724 mg|
|Arabinogalactan â Larix (Larch)||1.0 g|
|Zinc sulfate monohydrate||41 mg|
|Equivalent Zinc||15 mg|
Free from animal products, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein, and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives. Sweetened with steviol glycosides.
Warning: Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period.